See Coronavirus Vaccine for more information.
Please avoid unnecessary attendance at the practice. We hope the following points will help you.
In an effort to minimise risk of infection to patients and staff and to cope with unprecedented demand on our service, we have made changes to the way the Practice works.
Your co-operation and patience in these times is appreciated.
If you have a fever and or a NEW continuous cough - do not attend the surgery. You should self-isolate for 14 days and follow Public Health Wales advice. It is important, if you think you might have coronavirus (COVID 19) that you get tested.
If you are unwell with coronavirus (COVID 19) symptoms please visit NHS 111 Wales for further advice on your symptoms and remember
If your symptoms do not improve after 7 days
Or if you experience vomiting
Or if you experience breathlessness
Or if you are fatigued and can no longer perform your normal daily activities
Don’t struggle on, don’t leave it too late, contact 111 or your GP.
Please keep up to date by checking our practice website, the Upper Valleys website and social media. Please share this information with others - including those with no internet access. We are sorry but at this time we are unable to respond to individual medical queries on social media.
- Some non-essential appointments were cancelled during the pandemic. We are seeing patients for non-essential appointments where appropriate, this may be face to face, by phone or via video conferencing.
- For urgent appointments, visit requests or advice please telephone us or use askmyGP. A member of the clinical team will ring you back. Please assist in this by giving the receptionists clear information and confirm your contact details. askmyGP is an online tool allowing you to contact your GP surgery. Please see the practice website for further details and links.
- Essential nursing appointments - e.g. Warfarin monitoring. If you become unwell please contact the practice before attending
- Repeat Prescriptions - Please order these as usual. (We will be reviewing this and will keep you informed). Please use My Health Online if you have that service. Sending a request via the post or drop into surgeries via the surgery post box. Prescriptions can be sent to a pharmacy of your choice by request.
- Sick letters/notes - We will not be providing these for any patient who has been advised to or has chosen to self-isolate.
We realise and recognise that some patients may find these changes frustrating. However, verbal abuse to any member of the practices will not be tolerated.
Members of the practice teams also have to follow Public Health Advice and may need to self-isolate. This will have an impact on our staffing levels and services, thank you for understanding.
Please remember to try and stop the spread of the virus:
Self-isolate if you have symptoms or are feeling unwell.
Wash your hands regularly with hot water and soap.
Carry disposable tissues with you at all times.
Catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue and dispose of safely immediately.
Information and advice for us and our patients will change and perhaps at short notice.
We will do our upmost to communicate with you and keep you informed.
Diolch. Thank You.
The Upper Valleys Cluster